Tuesday 26 August 2014

Two vintage book style needlecases

Normal day to day design work has taken priority of late and I have a couple of interesting logo designs on the boil which I will reveal when they have been decided on and finalised.

In the meantime here are a couple of crafty things recently completed.
I do quite like making sewing needlecases and I've indulged in having some of my own books from when I was a toddler in the late 60's, printed onto fabric and stitched into a book style.

The first was a favourite fairy alphabet book. On the front cover the little fairy with the orange skirt at the left is Fairy Tinkerbell and as a long time believer in fairies, I used to have a fairy Tinkerbell who visited me as my tooth fairy.



Here are some inside shots.





The next needlecase is a kitten fairy tale book.



Here are the inside pages.






3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe those little needle books are lovely Sally, such a good idea to print the images onto fabric, they really do look great. :£
V x

Louise said...

What a lovely idea. I have a very large book from my childhood with wonderful pics inside.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

what a great idea Sally. A needlebook is exactly what I need at the moment