Tuesday 11 June 2013

Warning - great new fabric shop, Bridlington

Last week I found a 'new' craft and fabric shop in Bridlington, although the lady said she had been open for a few months so I'm surprised I hadn't spotted it before.
It may be because, in my humble design opinion, the shop sign doesn't do it much justice for the quality of stock inside. The shop is Daisy Crafts on Bridge Street and the logo is just a big clip art daisy which gives the impression of crafts or toys for children.

Anyway don't be fooled, once you venture inside you will find the most amazing and up to date selection of fabrics. She has all the groovy stuff that you would probably only find online, it is all nicely laid out in sections and there are pre cut fat quarters neatly arranged next to each section of fabric bolts.
She is concentrating on ordering the latest designs and has some exciting fabrics on order for Halloween and Christmas.

Also lots of lovely ribbons, buttons, embroidery threads etc. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of the shop interior or exterior but I can show you a little bundle of FQ's I purchased (£2.95 ea). 
(one other thing, cash only, no credit card facilities at present).


(below) I also bought a few FQ's from the fabric shop in Harrogate last weekend, they are incredibly cheap at only £1.75 ea.



I'm currently busy making brooches but I am also on with some crocheting, this is a big chunky waistcoat for winter, it is coming along well and should be finished within the week, not bad going for me as I don't really crochet clothes.


3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Don't you just love it when you find a new craft shop, I know I do! Gorgeous fabrics too and brilliant prices which makes the purchase even sweeter!
V xxx

Rustic Vintage Country said...

That's a terrific find and also a find with good prices! x

Anne said...

Gorgeous fabrics and I'm glad more and more fabric shops seem to be opening up. Havent been to Bridlington for a while but might be worth a visit next time we head to the east coast.Thanks Sally!