Wednesday 10 October 2012

Shaheen's soup for tea

If anyone else follows the wonderful Allotment 2 Kitchen blog then you will probably have read about the blog's author, Shaheen, winning a Covent Garden Soup competition.
It was to create a seasonal vegetarian soup and Shaheen won with Butternut Squash & Black Turtle Bean with Jalapeno.
Here it is, I found this in Morrisons today



I was so excited to find it and how brilliant for Shaheen to have her recipe recreated by Covent Garden Soup and in the supermarkets.
It was very delicious with a kick of heat from the jalapeno which was just the thing for a chilly evening.


You can read more here and Shaheen has a link to the recipe if you'd like to try it out at home.

http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/shaheens-september-soup.html

4 comments:

Crafted by Carly said...

I just popped over here from Marmalade and Catmint. And I'm very glad I did! You have a super blog here! And lots of super makes!!! I'll definitely be popping by regularly from now on.....
Carly
x

patty said...

Hi Carly, thank you for popping over and glad you liked my things. I will have a nosey on your blog later.

Shaheen said...

Oh blush blush - Thank you so much for the blog post, I am truly humbled. x PS Covent Garden did change the recipe a little. Gonna check out your Folksy later this evenign to feast my eyes on some exiciting and innovative creatiions. Take care x

patty said...

I loved the soup Shaheen, it was almost more tasty the more I ate as it warmed me.
Trying to find time to list new Folksy stuff I've been making.