Monday 28 May 2012

Mollie Makes - doll pattern


The current birthday issue of Mollie Makes has a really good Mollie Dollie pattern to try, created by Laura Hunter. 
I thought I would have a go yesterday as I had a lovely piece of vintage fabric which would make a very groovy dress.


The pattern was quite easy to follow and I got all my bits chopped out, decorated the hair and face, fabric penned some stripey socks on her legs and I was ready to stitch up.



Stitching up just requires a bit of patience as you have to tuck the arms and legs inside the body bit whilst you sew, before turning right sides out.
It wasn't too bad and by the end of the day I had my Mollie Dollie. She reminds me a bit of Jemima from Playschool, now that's showing my age!



Here she is enjoying the super duper Mollie magazine!


http://www.etsy.com/people/rovingovine?ref=pr_profile

http://molliemakes.themakingspot.com/

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Sally, she is just gorgeous.You are clever!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

She looks great Sally! :)
I remember Jemima too but Little Ted was my favourite!!
Vivienne x

patty said...

Thank you both.

I also liked Little Ted, I didn't like Hamble.... she used to scare me!