Wednesday 2 May 2012

Festival of Vintage - Part 1: Stalls

Last weekend saw the second Festival of Vintage at York Racecourse and my first time attending on the recommendation of Sally at Lavender Attic blog (I got to meet Sally & her friend at the festival too which was great).
Bob came along in my handbag although it turned out to be a bit busy and noisy for him.


Sally was right about this being a great event, it was the best collection of vintage I've come across at one venue, but let's not forget it was £6.50 to get in so expectations were quite high.


I was in vintage fabric heaven, the stuff was everywhere and even being used as tablecloths on non fabric stalls.
Here are some displays of fabric, I must apologise for many out of focus photos, not sure if it was a wobbly hand with excitement or the light inside the racecourse stands.



Here we see vintage fabric on a record player stall, I loved the colourful old record players



There was a brilliant exhibition of vintage textiles with samples by the likes of Marian Mahler, Eames & Shirley Craven, some bits were for sale but huge price tags, I saw one metre for £160!




Below is a piece of rare Bauhaus fabric.


These next 2 photos show some of the groovy furniture for sale. I really could have gone mad buying stuff but I thought I was quite good and stuck to what I'd taken with me in cash. Part 2 of my posting will show my purchases.



Finally, a picture for Sally as I know she likes crinoline ladies and I saw this lovely little bag on one of the war time display stalls.


A lovely day was had by all, lots of vintage homewares, ceramics, clothes as well as juke boxes, vintage cars, fashion shows, music and some of the people looked fabulous dressed in their 1940's outfits, well recommended.

2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That looks like proper vintage Sally!
I love those chairs in the second last photo. :)
V x

patty said...

Oh it was a fabulous collection of stuff Vivienne. What I'd call real vintage. x