Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bird fabric designs

This weeks Spoonflower contest is the very popular subject of birds. It has a restricted colour palate of 3 colours (black, white & pale green) plus one of your own choice.
I wanted to enter this contest with one of my little bird illustrations which I use on some of my own promotional things and greeting card designs.


I created quite a few variations. The bottom design is a more stylised, Scandinavian inspired design. I then moved back to my original idea of using my favourite bird illustration and couldn't decide whether to use the design with the hearts and the eggs, or the hearts and the flowers. After many colour combinations I settled on the top design.


Chances are very slim this week for even coming in the top 100 as there are 342 entries, which be warned if you go looking, take ages to click through. There are some really lovely designs in the collection.







No comments: