Monday 22 November 2010

ERA Christmas social

Yesterday afternoon was the preview of the Affordable Art Show followed by the East Riding Artists Christmas social. Unfortunately I arrived at Gallery 49 too late for the preview so I carried on round the corner for the social which they were having at The Georgian Tea Rooms. I was greeted with the news that I had sold one of my pictures. I was delighted, because other than craft things this is the first piece of work I've sold off the wall at a gallery. It certainly cheered up what had been a cold, wet, grey day.


Had a good mooch round the curios upstairs in the tea rooms, nibbled some buffet then we went straight into the auction. We all bring bits n bobs of hand made gifts and auction it to go back into the kitty. 
I had my eye on a lovely Christmas cake my friend Selina had made and I'm pleased to say I won it in the auction and here is the picture to prove I even got it home safely without it flying off the car seat! I love Christmas cake and especially almond paste so I can't wait to get stuck in.


I also bid & won this lovely little candle holder which Polly had made from a radiator cover.
We had a bee keeper amongst us who I hadn't met before and despite his honey going for a good price in the auction I was lucky enough to buy a jar from the stash in his car.
It was a really good afternoon and the first of the festive get togethers.



No comments: