Sunday 3 October 2010

Talkin Tarn - Cumbria

Escaped to Cumbria for a few days last week and it was rather wet, bit like last time I went. One of the days was lovely and it was quite spring-like pottering around Windermere and Keswick. I have visited some fabric shops and got some nice things so will display those later.


The particularly wet day was the day I went to Talkin Tarn, hadn't heard of it before but a friend recommended it and as it was near to Carlisle where I was staying it was worth a look. Got togged up in waterproof jacket but unfortunately didn't have waterproof trousers with me on this occasion so half way round the tarn when the heavens opened more and there was nowhere to shelter, I got pretty soaked to the skin. By the time I reached the little bird hide the rain had slowed up a bit but it was so wet I didn't even fancy the tea room as I'd be sat in a pool of water.
On a less wet day I could see the tarn would be a beautiful place.



No comments: