Tuesday 10 August 2010

Spoonflower - weekly design contest

If you haven't come across Spoonflower before it is a US company who print small runs of fabric for the crafts person or textile designer. The great thing is you can design your fabric, upload it to their site and have as little printed as a fat quarter. I have currently got my first design in the pipeline and I think it should be back in about a week so I'm really excited to see how it comes out.
As a first trial with their service I submitted one of the designs which I created whilst on the textile course. I will see how this comes out before I get more ambitious, I'm just having one metre printed. Will give a preview when it arrives.


Spoonflower also have a weekly competition where they give you a subject and sometimes a colour palette and you create a design. The contest this week is to design some fabric along the theme of Surrealist Fruit, here is a sneak preview of the design I have submitted. It is called A Slice of Magritte. If you are feeling generous with your time have a look on the Spoonflower site and if you really want to be a lovely person you could vote for my design!!! I think the Surrealist Fruit designs will be visible for voting from Aug 11th.

www.spoonflower.com

2 comments:

Lynnda said...

like this idea, I did find companies in this country that printed small quanities but the costs were too high, would love to know how you got on,
Lynnda x
PS voted for you, great design

patty said...

Lynnda you sweetie, thanks for voting for me.
Yes I can't seem to find anywhere cheaper in this country to print fabric. My order has been dispatched so will be showing and telling as soon as it arrives!