Friday 30 July 2010

Oven back on & ready to bake!

I've just put the camping stove away as the Aga man came yesterday to service it. It's been 2 weeks and 4 days without any baking or 'proper' food, it's been camping food and salads with the odd micro meal.


Usually after a service it is at its highest temperature although this being an old thing, it's well below what you would achieve on a new range. However it's always good to do jacket potatoes whilst the heat is there so that's my plan for tea.


I've just gone mad and made a recipe I've been licking my lips over on another blog, it's for Peanut Butter Bars and one of my favourite combinations is chocolate & peanut butter in any form. I will post the link to the blog where I found the recipe if you fancy a go.
Mine doesn't quite look like it should as I think my peanut butter glaze is too thick and using chunky peanut butter meant it wouldn't pour so I sort of dragged it over the surface of the chocolate. Still, I'm hopeful it will taste good!


http://cgharris.blogspot.com/2010/05/peanut-butter-bars.html


No comments: