Friday 30 April 2010

Being in the same room as your hero!

I have just returned from Claire's preview evening at Gallery 49 which was fabulous, she had some amazing new work which I find so inspiring, and so cheery are the colours they can't help but make you smile.


I can also hardly contain myself when I report that I have been in the same room as David Hockney, I remained calm whilst feeling unashamedly starstruck inside by this surreal situation of almost rubbing shoulders with the great man. It's very bizarre to come across your hero when you are not expecting it, although the times I visit Brid I always felt sure I'd see him one day and I have....  Yippeee!! 
He was admiring Claire's work, how fantastic for her, having DH visit your exhibition has got to be one of the greatest things for a local artist.


What an amazing evening!
Back to normality now.



No comments: