Sunday 28 March 2010

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Part of the benefit to doing a course at the YSP is you get a days free parking and you get 10% in the shop and cafe so you can really make a day of it. The weather was bright and blustery so quite nice for having a wander amongst the outdoor sculptures, saw some new ones and some old faithfuls in the Henry Moore field.

I loved the metal lettering which was on the walkway into the main visitor centre.

The gift shop was like an aladdin's cave selling things by artists I've recently discovered. I was overjoyed to find Angie Lewin notecards and greeting cards, I also treated myself to this Orla Kiely mug in a favourite fruit pattern and another artist I found through textile work is Rob Ryan. He does the most amazing paper cut artworks and there were enormous window graphics of some of his pieces. Shown here but what with the reflections on glass I couldn't capture it to the full.




No comments: