Saturday 13 February 2010

More lovely food & coffee

Went to York today and visited a coffee shop which I've walked past many times and never gone in because it looks too small and always busy. But made the effort after finding a wonderful blog all about great coffee shops and I'm gradually trying the recommended local ones. Here is the link where you'll find interesting reading & pictures about coffee shops up and down the country.

www.cosycoffeeshops.co.uk

The place I checked out was Coffee Culture on Goodramgate. I think there were 2 tables downstairs so you have to head upstairs or upstairs again and the narrow staircases are not for the feint hearted! It is a lovely quirky place with friendly service and the Java I had was very nice. I succumbed to a plate of mushrooms on toast and it was divine, reasonably priced too and I am looking forward to a return visit on an empty stomach so that I can do justice to a veggie breakfast which sounded great and I saw someone else having and it looked great.


If you go to Coffee Culture and it's full, just opposite is Goji which is a veggie cafe and deli, they also have lovely food & drink, a favourite snack there is the Goji Tofu hot dog which is wonderful if you are a veggie or not.

No comments: