Saturday 16 January 2010

Harris Tweed & wool





It's like Christmas again, I visited a blogging friend this morning who has kindly given me some leftover scraps of Harris tweed fabric and wool. They are fab, beautiful coloured remnants and 3 bags worth to get my teeth into. I can't wait to get making stuff but I have to get all the brooches made for the USA in the next few days as the deadline is approaching fast.

Also went to Poppys craft shop in Pocklington and found they had a sale on, got some really nice chunky wools for the blanket I'm doing. It wasn't just rubbishy coloured wool in the sale, they had some very nice Rowan, Debbie Bliss etc which were oddments, single balls left from a batch and some half price.
The charity shop near Poppys is usually good for wool and I found these extra chunky balls along with the polka dot bag and I couldn't resist this jolly looking jumper too!

I feel all inspired but it's grey and wet and cold so time for a hot drink!

No comments: