Sunday 20 December 2009

Skye Chocolates & Sloe festive drinks



What better way to spend a snowy afternoon than in the company of some lovely chocolates and a tipple of sloe vodka.

During a flying visit to Skye last week I went to see my friend who makes the Skye Fudge and she is launching Chocolate Skye, a range of lovely chocs handmade on Skye. I came away with my festive fudge order and a good supply of the new chocolates to sample. Favourites so far are dark choc truffle with raspberry & balsamic and white choc truffle with coconut & lime, very delicious and not a bit sickly as you might imagine.
I don't think the chocs are ready to order online yet but here is a link to the site with details


As for the sloe drinks bottled in september, my 3 varieties are ready to go. I have sloe gin, sloe vodka and mixed sloe / damson spirit. The vodka and mixed are my favourites as they seem a bit more fruity than the gin but then I'm not a big fan of gin. Just need to find some bottles to siphon it off for gifts.


No comments: