Monday 9 November 2009

Wet Weekend in the Lakes





Escaped for a long weekend in the Lakes. The weather was particularly wet until going home on Sunday so I didn't get many pictures.
Stayed near Carlisle, I wasn't very familiar with Carlisle & Penrith so had a look round as I had done some research on the internet pre-trip and found a few fabric and craft shops to visit.

Got these lovely pieces of fabric and the ball of wool is Herdwick wool, Herdwicks are my favourite breed of sheep. The wool is coarse so I think it will be more suitable for small knitted brooches.
It was lovely to find traditional looking shops and I spotted this grocers in Penrith and the Victorian coffee shop in Carlisle.

Also did some shopping in Keswick which is one of my favourite places and picked up a supply of mint cake and brandy butter for christmas.


No comments: