Thursday 1 October 2009

Textile course - homework


2 weeks into the course and there are reports to write and bits of homework to do. I'm still finding it a bit weird getting back into a college & young persons environment but I need to do this and progress my textile skills so I'm trying to keep up with it.

For homework this week they asked us to do a bit of hand stitching with embellishments, anything we wanted loosely based on our maritime project. This is mine and guess what, it's called Shipping Forecast! I like the shipping forecast and I like text, symbols, maps, flags so I've put a few of those elements in it. I tried to give it the look of an old shipping map by staining the edges with tea, I've used beads for some major shipping ports and in the bottom left I just learnt how to do a reef knot on YouTube!

No comments: