Sunday 6 September 2009

Woollen jewellery


This week I have continued making a few bits of woollen jewellery. I have tried the knitted flowers on smaller needles to try and create something a bit more delicate and that is the green one but I think somehow they work better at the larger size and the red one is my favourite.

I also chopped up an old stripey scarf which I had felted in the washer and have created these wrist cuff bracelets which have some detail done by the dry needle felting method.

Next weekend my friend with the straw bale cottage is having another open day and she puts locally made craft products out for sale when it's an open day so I'm hoping to take along some of my recycled jewellery to see if any of the visitors are interested in buying a sustainable souvenir!

No comments: