Monday 14 September 2009

First Day at Bridlington College



I went to the first Textile class this afternoon at the new college in Brid. It was a bit disorganised as moving to the new building has taken longer than they thought so today was more of an introduction rather than getting stuck in.

I managed a couple of quick snaps of the room which is nice and bright with lots of interesting things to look at. It seems I'm the only one to have purely joined for the textiles, the group is made up of fashion students who are doing textiles as an extra module and then a few from a diploma course. As I thought, I'm about the oldest there. I had hoped with it being a part time course that there would be a few of us older ones but not the case.
It feels strange doing college a second time around and this time being the mature student. I think its almost more scary than when I first went to college. Back in the early 80's with youth on my side I was more fearless and ready to take on the world. I guess now I'm more into living a quieter life and my enthusiasm for this course is to learn new skills which I can hopefully turn into more money making ideas for future plans.

It sounds like I will get to try many new techniques so I'm looking forward to next week.


1 comment:

Blossom said...

Make the most of it!
I went to college as a mature student and think I gained a lot from their fearlessness (what did they know of the real world?) and fresh approaches in finding solutions. (I thought I'd better put that last bit in - just in case anybody thought I meant they were being fresh with me!).
I was also surprised to find them consulting my opinions - as though I knew anything about life either......