Monday 24 August 2009

New craft books




I've added 2 new craft books to my collection this last week and both are on the subject of handmade fabric jewellery.

From what I've been reading there seems to be something of a revolution going on in the way personal adornment is changing for the 21st century.
The price of gemstones & precious metals is so high, coupled with the fact it isn't terribly eco friendly to continue extracting these precious commodities from the planet so the forward thinking designers are looking for other materials to make jewellery with.
Jewellery made from alternative and recycled materials seems to be popping up everywhere which is music to my ears as that is what I'm currently experimenting with.

The books have got some very groovy projects in and I've just started a simple necklace which you can see here.



No comments: