Monday 15 June 2009

Fabric flower brooches & painting




Over the weekend I have been doing quite a few bits 'n' pieces with fabric. I have just finished these few flower and corsage brooches to list on Ebay.

I am also working on a piece of textile art to enter in the Wolds Gallery summer open exhibition which has to be finished by next weekend, if it turns out ok it may get a post on the blog. You can enter 2 pieces of art so I will submit the flower painting shown here which was one of my first attempts with oils I did a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

Lynnda said...

I love the brooches, do use die cutting or do you cut out each peice?

patty said...

Hi Lynnda,
Thanks for the comments about the brooches, no I don't use a die cutter, each is cut out, maybe you can see a few raggy edges.
I once bought some sort of cutter to try and cut felt flowers out and speed things up but it wasn't sharp enough to go through the felt.
If you know of any cutters which can handle felt I'd certainly be interested.