Tuesday 21 April 2009

Skye Batiks clothing




Last night I went to the monthly meeting of our local ladies networking group. 
We had a good presentation on Top Tips for Marketing your business followed by cake as it was the groups 2nd birthday.

So why is the post called Skye Batiks clothing? Well, I went in the trousers which have the textile design on that I did for Skye Batiks and I got some really nice comments about them. I've been to other events in them and no one has batted an eyelid but last night people were very kind with their positive comments and I even got dragged out to the front so everyone could see them, much to my embarrassment of course!

The trousers helped to highlight a useful point in that sometimes if someone cannot afford your service it may still be possible to do a deal and barter a trade off. In my case I got paid in clothes as I love their stuff. 

No comments: